6.11.2011

5 Reasons I Love Being Married

Today marks our 5th week of marriage. Here are 5 reasons that I'm loving married life!

1. Pillow Talk: I love laying next to my husband every night and talking about the events of our day. There is something so comforting about having Daniel next to me every night. I love that I get to have a life-time of sleepovers with my best friend and confidant.

2. Praying: I think one of the best things that I can do for my husband is pray for him. I have been really enjoying the way that God has been growing my faith and relationship with Him through simply praying for my husband. I also love seeing the change in my husband as he becomes more confident as our spiritual leader, and grows in both small and big ways.

3. Sharing a Home: I love the independence and freedom that we have sharing our own home. Although we live in a very small one-bedroom apartment, it's ours, and that's all that matters. We've spent the last month making our house a home, and I'm so happy that we've been able to do this together. We purchased "monkey lamps" from Bombay, and although most people think they're hideous, we love it! On of our favourite animals is a whale, so we bought a whale carved out of wood and hung it on our wall. Little things like this have added character to our home, and made it something that we can call our own. PS: Now I feel like I need to take a picture of the whale to prove that it's not as ugly as it sounds...you just have to take my word for it!

4. Mondays: This summer Daniel and I will have most Mondays off together. Last Monday we drove to the beach in Port Dover and had a really nice day. I love that we have one day off during the week together, and we can do fun mini-trips without the crowd!

5. Improved Relationships: Now that Daniel and I are married, I am finding that relationships that we have with others have improved. Notably, I have been enjoying such a beautiful relationship with my mother. We have been spending one day a week together, just the two of us. It's been such a nice time of just talking, and getting to know each other on a different level. I have also experienced a new awareness of how hard my mother has had to work as a single mom to take care of our home and family.

1 comment:

  1. I love reading your blog. It is written with such honesty and openness. I will continue to pray for you and Dan in your new life together, but I am happy to here that so far being a rookie wife is going well :D
    God bless

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, your words often brighten my day! Please sign your name if you are posting as an anonymous user. Otherwise, your comment may be removed.

 

This Rookie Wife | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012