7.19.2011

Oh, How He Loves Us!

But now thus says the LORD, he who created you, O Jacob, he who formed you, O Israel:
"Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you;
when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you.
For I am the LORD your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior. I give Egypt as your ransom, Cush and Seba in exchange for you. Because you are precious in my eyes, and honored, and I love you, I give men in return for you, peoples in exchange for your life. - 
Isaiah 43: 1-4

Doesn't this passage just make your heart swell with longing for the Lord? To be near him, to hear his words, to feel his Spirit stir in your heart?

After reading and dwelling on this passage for the last few days, I have realized that I really don't understand God's love for me. He created me, he formed me, he protects me, and he loves me.

It is completely mind-boggling that my Perfect and Just Creator loves me. He knows me better than anyone on earth, and instead of casting me aside for all of my imperfections, he has grafted me into his family, adopted me as his own.

Instead of paying for the price for my own sin, my Maker sacrificed his only perfect Son for me. Instead of facing death and destruction, something that I surely deserved for dishonouring and disobeying God, I can experience life everlasting in His presence. 

Still, there are so many people in this world that reject this truth. They believe that God loves them, and Jesus died for them, but it does not transform their lives. Unless you lay down your life for Christ, and follow him, you will not experience this beautiful relationship with your Creator. When you go to meet God, it will not be a joyful union, because He will not know you. 

It's hard for me to say these words. There are many people I love, and some may be reading this, that have chosen to reject Jesus Christ. Please know that I am not saying that I am perfect, or that I am better than you. It's likely that I am worse than you, and you have probably seen me in my sinfulness. But, Jesus has covered me with his grace, and washed me clean of my sin. You can't be forgiven of your sins if you do not love Jesus, and sacrifice your life for him. If you reject him, you reject forgiveness, and eternal life. 

To me, it's such a simple decision. Read the words in Isaiah 43, and feel the love of God penetrate your heart. If you love Jesus, there is still so much to learn. I am learning everyday, and getting to know more and more how little I understand of the love of God. 

Please Jesus, transform my head knowledge into heart knowledge. I need to understand how deeply you know me, and love me. That you created me for a purpose, and that it must be my goal to live for that purpose for the rest of my days. Amen.

2 comments:

  1. I reject what you say as truth because it is not truth. Its faith and belief. I admire all those who reflect on their lives and seek to learn more about themselves and their relationships and their thoughts. And the differences between "right" and "wrong", good and bad. You have formed morals and have created guidelines for yourself. You have become and have enjoyed so much becoming a more complete and wholesome person - becoming a better daughter, wife, and person. But why you need to channel and mediate your anxieties, your hopes and dreams, through faith hurts me. I understand that it is easier to believe that "God" is watching out for you, and that you are loved. Of course its easier to look for answers elsewhere than having to struggle to find them within yourself and For yourself. Because to do that you would have to rip yourself apart for every poor decision that you have made, come to peace with it, choose the best path, and help and carry yourself into living a wholesome life. You are thinking that you have done that. You have ripped yourself apart and carried yourself to wholesomeness. But you have done that through faith in something other other than yourself. You didn't do it on your own. You reflected your thought and learned through a book of faith - believed it to be the truth. The core. And the foundation of your life. But this foundation is make belief. Religion is a guideline. For those who are not strong enough to take full responsibility and carry themselves on their own. Because surely it is a nearly impossible thing to do. Hence the "helping hand of 'God'". A "truth" to hold onto at your darkest times. When there is no one else there. And when you don't have the strength on your own. But it is not truth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comment and sharing a bit about what you believe.

    My goal in my blog is to share what I believe as a Christian, which includes such topics from birth control, to loving single mothers. However, I just don't feel it's right to talk about these "moral" issues, without bringing up what exactly I believe as a follower of Jesus Christ. This blog is an attempt to flesh out why I believe in Jesus, and what I hope He will do in others lives.

    In the end, I believe that Jesus is truth. The Bible is the inspired word of God. Yes, I agree, I could never have become the person I am without Jesus. I am a work in progress, and I fully rely on His guidance. I don't pretend to do anything in my own strength. It's quite the opposite, I pray daily that I would not lean on my own strength! I know I can't accomplish anything in the world on my own!

    Again, thanks so much for your comment, and taking time to read about what I believe. I appreciate you sharing about yourself, and your thoughts. That's what it's all about! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, your words often brighten my day! Please sign your name if you are posting as an anonymous user. Otherwise, your comment may be removed.

 

This Rookie Wife | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012