12.31.2011

2011 Highlights

2011 was a big year for us. I started 2011 as an engaged woman, excited to be married and start my new life with my husband. Some highlights of this year:

January 9, 2011: My first day of work at my new job at Redeemer. I had been looking for new employment for 6-months. I LOVED my new job!

March 31, 2011: I wrote my final exam at McMaster University. I had spent January - March taking my final night class. What a relief to write my final exam, and officially "graduate" in June 2011.

April 29, 2011: The Royal Wedding. I know it's lame to include this, but it was only 1-week before my wedding and I woke up at about 4AM to watch. It had me SO PUMPED for my wedding! Daniel even ordered me the most ugly tea cup from England that commerates the Royal Wedding. It's hilariously ugly. I will cherish it forever.

April 2011: I paid off my OSAP loan (student loan) and Daniel and I went to The Keg to celebrate. Paying off this loan was a HUGE relief and big deal. It was a lot of money, and God worked things out so that we could enter marriage without such a big loan.

May 7, 2011: I said "I Do" to my best friend. We became man and wife, something that we'd been looking forward to for the last 10-months. Almost a year of planning and hard work paid off. It was a beautiful day that we will both NEVER forget!


May 8 - 15, 2011: My first trip to a tropical paradise! Our Honeymoon was in Mexico at El Dorado Casitas Royale. We had a blast and will never forget this beautiful place!

June 2011: We bought our first car as a married couple! Our 1990 Camry died only a few weeks after marriage. We bought a 2007 Pontiac G5.


September 7, 2011: We find out that we're expecting our first child! This day is our 4-month anniversary, and Daniel's first day back to school. We are stunned and so excited! Later this month we find out that our baby is due on our one-year anniversary.

November 14, 2011: Just a few days after my 22nd birthday, I am laid-off from my job at Redeemer. It's a bittersweet day for me, as I am in shock and confused about our future, but am relieved that I can spend some time at home getting some rest.

December 25, 2011: We celebrate our first Christmas as a married couple, in our first home! It's also our last Christmas before our daughter arrives (December 21st was also a great day -- when we found out we're having a daughter!)

2011 was a big year! New job, Graduation, Paying off Debt, Getting Married, Discovering We're Pregnant, Losing New Job. It was eventful, fun, blessed, and amazing! Thank you Jesus for 2011!

2012 will be even bigger.
- Daniel Graduates
- We Move (to unknown location!)
- Daniel starts new job (we still don't know where!)
- Baby Belle Arrives!

Are you anticipating any big events for 2012?

2 comments:

  1. My 2012:
    1. Seeing my big cousin after what seems like a million years
    2. FINALLY meeting her amazing hubby after hearing all about him...and missing the wedding :(
    3. MEETING MY BABY NIECE!

    Guess who :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) I love your optimistics thoughts!!! Im strugling to do the first step to move and actually start the life Ive been dreaming of ;(
    And starting on a new job and moving to somewhere unknown IS sooooo what has happen to me and my boyfriend, but Im the one whos scared and afraid :S I dont know...I should give my goals a try otherwise I'll forever be where I am. ;'( I just dont feel any encouragement.

    Seriously, thats why I love your blog so much. Your life is really, really inspiring Brianna :D
    I cant wait to meet Baby Belle :D You've got to send me you address so I can send you the pressies! ( Im gonna wait some more time cos the hacking session of terror hasnt finished yet! :S once I make sure my emails are safe I'll email you, deal? ) :D Happy 2012!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, your words often brighten my day! Please sign your name if you are posting as an anonymous user. Otherwise, your comment may be removed.

 

This Rookie Wife | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012