12.27.2011

Pregnancy Symptoms = Baby Girl?

I didn't pay much attention to the gender predicter quizzes or symptoms before I found out the gender of Baby Belle (check out the new spelling of her nickname). Now that I know we're having a baby girl I have been looking at some sites to find out if I am meeting the "traditional" symptoms for a girl.

Symptoms that I have (that indicate girl):
1. Acne: I feel like I'm 14 again. It's not fun.
2. No Hair Growth: I actually have noticed that things like eyebrow and leg hair has "slowed down" in growth. This is GOOD because I have a hard time reaching my legs in the shower.
3. Heartbeat: Baby Belle has always been on the "high-end" of the average heartbeats per minute (over 140).
4. I'm NOT glowing: Remember how you're supposed to be beautiful and glow and have rosy cheeks and clear skin when you're pregnant? Well my baby apparantly missed that memo. This can indicate a girl, because she is "sucking all your beauty".
5. Crave Sweets: I crave fresh juice, and fresh fruits mostly. However, if we buy icecream I can guarentee it will be gone in a day or two. Mmmm, now I am craving a cannolli.
6. Soft Skin: My skin has stayed pretty soft during this pregnancy, which can indicate girl.
7. Carrying all-over: If you are carrying excess weight in hips, rear, and your stomach spreads instead of having the "basketball" appearance you may be carrying a girl. This is REALLY true for me, as I have gained a lot of weight in my lower body.

Symptoms that I have (that indicate boy):
1. Nausea: I had major nausea, especially in my first trimester. I still don't feel great in the mornings, but my nausea is much better. I have heard different things though regarding nausea. Some people say it indicates boy, some say girl. So this one is a toss-up still.

There you have it! According to the "old wives" tales, I am carrying a girl!
Websites I Used:
Baby Center: Knowing your baby's sex
Gender Myths


1 comment:

  1. c'est tout belle! perfect for baby belle :)
    you could easily make that quilt too - it's just a bunch of 1/4 meters sewn together and sandwiching some quilt stuffing. just get your hands on a sewing machine!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, your words often brighten my day! Please sign your name if you are posting as an anonymous user. Otherwise, your comment may be removed.

 

This Rookie Wife | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012