12.03.2011

Toilet Paper Owls

This weekend I have started making my homemade Christmas gifts. I plan on sharing what I make as I go along, hopefully I can give you some ideas for FREE gift-giving that comes from the heart.
I was looking for crafts to make out of toilet paper rolls, and I came across these really, really cute owls:

I think this would make an adorable gift! I'm planning on making a family of three owls next week (Dan, Me, BB). I'm going to write a Bible verse on the back that corresponds to each person. 
I made my first owl yesterday, for my friend Jeanette. She is a very, very wise woman. So, an owl is perfect for her. I also wrote Prov. 31:10 on the back, since this verse represents all that she is.


I really like the way that the owl turned out. Needless to say, I did copy the owl exactly from my inspiration. But, I'm a terrible "drawer" and copying still can be tricky for me.
What do you think of my toilet paper owl?

4 comments:

  1. I think it's super cute!! You did a craft!!! good work!!

    Next, the British National sport :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are really cute. Your first one turned out great. (Nice copying!)
    I can't wait to see the family of owls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh..how cute!!! Its such a nice idea :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are proverbs 31 wife I have been doing art painting and drawing for years and I am getting ready to copy your owl. I am going to put the owls on some plain onesies for a baby shower. I think you are very resourseful
    Thankyou for inspiring me today after I saw your owl I read proverbs 31
    Thank You
    Miss Patti

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, your words often brighten my day! Please sign your name if you are posting as an anonymous user. Otherwise, your comment may be removed.

 

This Rookie Wife | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012