1.19.2012

24 Week Bump


[24 weeks and 5 days pregnant]

Some updates on little baby belle:

- we received the results of our second ultrasound and she is a very healthy baby, measuring perfectly for our due date of May 7, 2012
- no glucose, or protein in my urine, which is very good. Blood pressure is also good.
- I'm feeling her move much more in the last 2-weeks, and now Daniel and my Mom have both felt her move on the outside. 
- According to the ultrasound, I have an anterior placenta, which means that the baby is taking a "backseat" to the placenta. This is fine (although usually the placenta is posterior), but it does explain why I didn't start feeling the baby until around Week 20. 
- I am gaining weight more than would be "recommended". I have been trying to be very diligent in terms of eating healthy foods, not over-eating, and trying to get a bit of exercise (the latter I could work on a lot more though!) My midwife says some women just gain more and there isn't much you can do about it as your metabolism slows down. This could, however, indicate that the baby will be bigger.

If you'd like to pray for:

- the baby's (and my) continued health
- that I would be able to deliver the baby vaginally, and that she wouldn't be too big.
- that Daniel would have a job in ministry before the arrival of BB.
- for my nerves regarding delivering the baby and "back-and-forth" regarding natural vs. epidural.

Praising the Lord each day for our precious baby Girl. We can't wait to meet her this Spring!

3 comments:

  1. Hey Bri! Don't have nerves about natural vs. epidural - definitely do your research in advance about what both mean for you, (like if you're doing natural, definitely consider taking a class or doing lots of practice with relaxation exercizes and read books about natural birth to help prep)- but don't feel nervous! An epidural is always a possibility because we just don't know what it's going to feel like - and you can feel free knowing that both are OK and healthy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look absolutely gorgeous. Seriously :):):) Believe the best for you two will happen :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so touched by your faith Bri and am so very proud of you, more than words can express. I love this blog you have set up and the way you are touching lives!!! I wish you were my daughter..we could share our love for the Lord with one another!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, your words often brighten my day! Please sign your name if you are posting as an anonymous user. Otherwise, your comment may be removed.

 

This Rookie Wife | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012