2.02.2012

It's getting serious...

Yesterday Daniel had an important meeting regarding our future in full-time ministry. The meeting was in Cambridge, so Daniel dropped me off at the nearby mall and I prayed and walked around while Daniel had his meeting. Even though I'm not the one looking for a job, I feel so invested and involved in the job search process with Daniel. Our entire future will be based upon where God takes us, but more than that, I see myself also being involved with the youth and helping out at the church as much as I can.

The opportunities that were presented in the meeting were nothing what we were expecting, but I felt that my "prayer walk" prepared me to seriously consider the new developments in our search. Yesterday, the process became more real to me. I realized that I seriously may be leaving my family and moving far away. I realized that we may be uprooting our lives, our commitments, and our infant child, and soon. I also realized that our life of "poverty" (in Canadian standards), probably won't last just one-year. Getting Daniel's career started will take some time. Establishing ourselves will take some time. My goal of purchasing a house, will take lots of time.

In the end, we've made our decision as a family to live a life in full-time ministry. We've also made our decision to start our family early, and thus take me out of the workforce early. We're learning a lot in our young lives. We're learning to reduce and reuse (not because it's the hip thing to do), but because it's necessary for our family. At the same time, we've never gone hungry. We've never been without shelter. We've always had a means of transportation. We've always had the Lord blessing us, providing for us, and filling us with his abundant joy.

So, things are getting pretty serious in the Bell Household. We're getting down to the "nitty-gritty" in terms of job search, and serious potential jobs. I'm terrified and learning to lean on God in every moment. Yesterday I went from ecstatic to full of fear, and continued in that cycle about ten times.

Would you pray for us? We need all the prayers we can get as we consider where the Lord is leading us.


PS: If you know of any churches in Canada looking for a Youth Pastor/Children's Pastor send me a note at thisrookiewife@gmail.com! Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Bri I'm praying for you sweety. An old time gospel song says, "I don't feel no ways tired, I've come too far from where I've started from. Nobody told me that the road would be easy and I don't believe he brought me this far to leave me." You are taking a sacrifice that many of us could not...but my friend keep holding up the blood stained banner. It will be worth it all in the end. Next time you're in Cambridge let me know...I'll show you around :)

    Love,

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, your words often brighten my day! Please sign your name if you are posting as an anonymous user. Otherwise, your comment may be removed.

 

This Rookie Wife | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012