2.08.2012

Pantry and Grocery List

I am in love with clean, and organized pantries. One day I dream of having a perfectly organized and beautifully well-stocked pantry. Next week my plan is to completely clean my kitchen and pack-up all unused items.

I also received an amazing and helpful comment on my recent blog post about Saving On Your Grocery Bill. The suggestion came from my friend Joanna, who recommends that you keep a kitchen inventory, and re-stock when you notice you run out of something from that inventory (this helps you to buy what you need, and also to avoid doubles, or even missing some things). I worked this afternoon on a pretty detailed inventory of everything we have in our kitchen, and/or need. Anything with an asterix (*) is not necessary to have stocked, but something that we will often buy if on sale. I hope this helps anyone looking to be more organized and save on groceries. Please feel free to e-mail me at thisrookiewife@gmail.com if you want my full pantry list, as I am only posting a portion of it.


My plan is to print the list each week before going grocery shopping, and circling/high-lighting whatever we need to buy on the list. I will probably need to re-stock on Dairy, Fruits/Vegetables, and Meat/Seafood the most. Other lists will only need to be restocked every few months or even annually.

Baking
All Purpose Flour
Baking Powder
Baking Soda
Brown Sugar
Cornstarch
Icing Sugar
Sugar
Vanilla Extract
Yeast (active)

Dairy
Butter
Chedder Cheese
Cottage Cheese (low-fat)
Creame Cheese*
Eggs
Margarine
Milk (1%)
Parmesan Cheese
Sour Creame*
Swiss Cheese*
Table Cream*

Condiments
Diana Sauce
Honey
Horseradish
Ketchup
Maple Syrup
Mayonnaise
Mustard/Dijon Mustard
Soy Sauce
Teriyaki Sauce
Tobassco Sauce
Worchestershire Sauce

Grains
Basmati Rice
Bread*
Couscous
Dried Pasta (Spaghetti, Ziti, Penne or Rotini)
Oatmeal*
Orzo

Vinegars & Oils
Apple Cider Vinegar
Balsamic Vinegar
Canola Oil
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Red Wine Vinegar
Sesame Oil
White Vinegar

Do you think having a pantry list is a good idea?

1 comment:

  1. Oh my I keep coming up with ideas... this is a quick recipe idea. I've tried all sorts of stir fry sauces and they all involve SO MANY ingredients, or I end up buying ones in a jar and not being satisfied with the taste. So, if you like stir fries I recommend the simplest stir fry sauce on the planet... it's equal parts apricot jam and soya sauce. Make as much or as little as you like and it's the perfect amount of sweet to salty. I've made this on shrimp, chicken, pork... It's just so simple and so tasty!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, your words often brighten my day! Please sign your name if you are posting as an anonymous user. Otherwise, your comment may be removed.

 

This Rookie Wife | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012