2.21.2012

Reflections on the Past 36 Hours

The last 36 hours have been...exhausting and terrifying.

My funny, healthy, loving, adoring, sweet, amazing husband has been very sick. Daniel started to feel sick around 11pm on Sunday night. By midnight he was throwing up a lot.

Forgive me for being graphic but: I have never heard anything like that. I started crying, or rather balling, as I tried to console my husband. It was so upsetting to see my husband feeling so awful.

I tried to coax him to drink water. I prayed for him. We both tried, unsuccessfully, to sleep. I didn't know what to do. By the morning things didn't seem to be any better, Daniel couldn't even hold liquids down.

Thankfully, Daniel's mom and sister came around 1:00pm, and we decided that it would be best to take him to the hospital. It had been over 12-hours by that point, and we had been unsuccessful in getting Daniel to keep any liquids down.

I so badly wanted to be with my husband at the hospital. It was the hardest thing to let him go without me (his mom took him). But, we both decided that it would be best that I stay home to protect our little Baby Belle (at this point I was very sleep-deprived and weak also).

Thankfully, we live in Canada. Thankfully, we have free healthcare and a hospital close to us. Thankfully, my husband was able to receive an IV with fluids and medication, and come home to his bed to sleep.

I couldn't be happier to see him when he walked through the door last night. We both went to be early and slept for 10-hours straight. He's feeling much better, and hasn't thrown up since he came home last night. He's eating dry toast and soup. He's watching episodes of Friends with me, and playing Final Fantasy. He's home, he's getting healthier and stronger.

I'm so thankful for my husband. I love him so much. Funny, how 36-hours of sickness can really give you perspective to see the important things in life. Funny, how in 36-hours my love for my husband can grow so substantially.

I'm going to end this blog post now and have some cuddle time with my husband!




3 comments:

  1. I hope he is feeling better :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Gabi..he is doing better...now I'm the one that doesn't feel that good :(..oh well!! that's life I guess!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww...hope you are also feeling better. What is it? A cold? :) Glad hes doing better. Gui is the opposite, he would stay at home until not really standing it anymore. When he gets sick, I worry and he is always calm. I dont remember seeing him 'this' bad though. I would be the same. This is called 'love' :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, your words often brighten my day! Please sign your name if you are posting as an anonymous user. Otherwise, your comment may be removed.

 

This Rookie Wife | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012