4.06.2012

A Letter to Baby Belle

Dear Baby Belle,

Today I am 36-weeks pregnant with you. Right now, I can feel you hiccuping inside of me. Your little 6-pound body bouncing up and down with each little hiccup. You are almost ready to make your debut into the world. Only the Lord knows the day that you will come into our lives, but I know that day will change our lives forever. I can hardly wait to finally see you with my own eyes. To smell your precious baby scent, to feel your little body on my chest, and to hear your sweet "voice".

Today is a special day for our family. It's Friday (which is always a good day!), but today is a very Good Friday. Today is the day that we reflect on the perfect sacrifice that God made for us. God, your Heavenly and Perfect Father, who created you and sustains your life with each breath that you take. God has given you to us as a beautiful and precious gift. Your Daddy and I thank God each day for you, because he is the one who created you.

God gives us many, many gifts. You are certainly one of the most precious gifts we have received, but there is an even greater gift! The Lord sent his own perfect Son to earth to live and die for our sins. Nobody is perfect, except for Jesus. You will learn soon, Mommy and Daddy aren't perfect, not one person is. The only perfect person that ever walked this earth was Jesus, and he chose to die for all of us, so that we could have eternal life in heaven with Him. But the story doesn't end there, because death had no power over perfect Jesus, and he rose again 3-days later! He died for our sins, and rose again so that we too could have new life in Jesus.

Your Mommy and Daddy chose, by faith, to accept Jesus into our hearts and walk with him all of our days. We received the Holy Spirit, another precious gift from God, to guide our steps each minute of each day. Jesus lives in us, through the Holy Spirit! How beautiful is that? One day we pray that you too will accept Jesus into your heart, and receive the free gift of eternal life.

You are our precious daughter. Our precious gift. Remember when I said Mommy and Daddy aren't perfect? We make wrong decisions, and sometimes do unkind things. We don't deserve you. You are too precious, and too beautiful, but God has given you to us and we hold you in our hearts, and soon in our hands. We want to be parents that lead you well. We want to love you as Jesus loves our whole family. We want to encourage you, to show you that you are beautiful and precious. We want to share with you the faith that we have in Jesus.

When I close my eyes I see you as a little girl, lifting your hands in praise to Jesus. I see our family, together praising God for his perfect sacrifice. Oh Lord, I pray, let that be us. A family that serves, worships, and lives for Jesus each day. That is my only prayer, my only hope for you. If you follow Jesus with your heart, I know that your life, whatever you choose to do with it, will be beautiful and precious and wonderful...just like you.

We can't wait to meet you Baby Belle. Today is Good Friday, and very Good Friday indeed. You're another blessing, another way, that the Lord has shown us he deserves all the praise.

Your Loving Mommy

2 comments:

  1. Wow, what a great reflection for Easter. Thanks for sharing that, God for sure uses your posts to encourage, challenge, and bring joy to others.
    Praying for you and Dan as God continues to lead you in His path closer towards the birth of your precious little girl.
    God bless, and Happy Easter Bell family

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you had a lovely Easter :) that was a great letter, you got the makings of writing Bri!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, your words often brighten my day! Please sign your name if you are posting as an anonymous user. Otherwise, your comment may be removed.

 

This Rookie Wife | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012