5.04.2012

Daniel's Letter to Our Daughter

Dear Daughter,

We are so excited to meet you and hold you in our arms, any day now!

There are so many things I want to do with you when you are here. I want to take you to the beach, play in the park, make things with you, and go on adventures with you and mommy. There are also so many things I am excited to experience with you! Your first steps, your first words, your first time using the big girl potty (eww gross!) Your first day of school, your graduation, and even walking you down the aisle (but he better be a good man!).  I am also nervous! You are my first child, you are the first child I will have to protect, the first I will have to put a band-aid on, the first I will have to hold through a thunder storm, and the first who’s monster under the bed I will have to scare away. But I know you will be gracious (just like your mom) and love me no matter what.

There are so many things I want you to know, but I will stick with the important things.
I want you to know that there is nothing you could ever do to take away your mom and I’s love. We love you unconditionally (that means no matter what!) and we always will! Your mommy already loves you soo much. She is filled with so much joy when she rubs her belly, she shouts with joy when you move around, she prays for you every day. So does your daddy. I love you so much daughter. I think about you all day (except when I am thinking about mommy). I love playing with your little feet when you kick mommy’s belly (I even felt your toe one time!). Most of all I love praying for you. I love sharing with God my love for you, and I love trusting in him to take care of you.

Daughter What I want you to know more than anything is that God loves you more than anyone. You will never know how much he loves you. He made you! He is making you right now, inside mommy! He is making you into a strong beautiful baby girl, who will one day be a beautiful woman. Some parents want their children to be famous, to be rich, or to be powerful. Others want them to be independent, strong, and athletic. There are many things I want for you, but what I want the most is for you to know how much God loves you! God loves you so much he saved you from death. I know you wont understand this now, but you will one day. God sent his Son Jesus to take the penalty of your sin on himself, so that you could love forever! Jesus loves you soo much more than you could ever imagine. He wants you to live with him forever, and so do mommy and I.

Daughter, you are so precious to mommy and I, we love you soo much and we always will. We pray for you every day, and we will continue to do so every day! As your daddy I promise to always be here for you no matter what you need. I will tell you bed time stories, help you with your homework, and even fight off those crazy boys who will be after you. What I want you to know is I love you, and I always will, no matter what.

Love Daddy

1 comment:

I love reading your comments, your words often brighten my day! Please sign your name if you are posting as an anonymous user. Otherwise, your comment may be removed.

 

This Rookie Wife | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012