7.14.2012

I love garage sales...

I seriously love garage sales. I'm not afraid to buy secondhand, but I would prefer to buy from a garage sale rather than a second hand store or kijiji. I just like being able to see the people and talk to them when I'm buying their stuff.

My best garage sale finds include:
- our $30 couch. The nice family even delivered it to our house!
- a $10 bumbo, tray included!
- kids books (including cloth books and water books) that are great quality
- kids clothes for $1/piece (mostly Gap Baby)

I can usually tell if a garage sale is going to be good by just quickly driving by. I usually don't get out of the car unless I can see from the road that there's lots of good stuff.

My favourite garage sales include:
- good quality books for cheap (kids or adult), I will usually only pay $0.25 or $.50 per book
- DVDs that aren't scratched, this is harder to find since most people sell VHS (blah, useless!)
- kids clothes, but they can't be stained, faded or ripped
- neat or unique knick knacks for the home, but they have to be really cool and fit in with my house
- furnite, again really hard and rare to find something I'd want
- kids toys, although I find most stuff is outdated or dirty

The best garage sales have:
- clear signs to the house that aren't misleading
- lots of stuff to look through
-  well organized and not cluttered
- clothes are not a mess in a bin, but nicely displayed by size
- prices on everything/ signs with prices
- low prices (biggest pet peeve is when people sell used stuff for new stuff prices!)
- good quality products
- not outdated (no I don't want your dollhouse from the 80's)

Today we hit the garage sale jackpot. A lady with a little girl was selling all her baby girl clothes. I bought about 30 pieces for $27. Most of the stuff was Baby Gap. I also got a pair of brand new Robeez for $1 (another garage sale was selling dirty Robeez for $15) I literally was jumping out of the car before it stopped I was so excited.

Here's my loot, it's hard to see but there's LOTS of cute stuff for Penelope. Mostly 18 - 24 months.


What's your favourite garage sale find?

2 comments:

  1. Awesome haul! It is all recent stuff too, like 2008/2009. I am shocked, around here all you find is old, gross stuff at garage sales; people throw out nicer things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a good yard sale! I do consignment sales for ALL of Josie and Gabes clothes. I get heart papalpatations waiting in line for the doors to open!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, your words often brighten my day! Please sign your name if you are posting as an anonymous user. Otherwise, your comment may be removed.

 

This Rookie Wife | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012