the positives of having a baby in the spring:
- I wasn't pregnant at all in the summer (I was pregnant from September - May)
- I didn't have to worry about bringing my baby home in the freezing cold, or the sweltering heat (it was a nice mild day outside when she came home on May 17th)
- She won't be a newborn during flu season, therefore the risk of getting the flu as a newborn is greatly decreased.
- baby clothes are easier (no having to worry about a big snowsuit/winter jacket for my newborn is a bonus!)
- a birthday in May is awesome. It will likely be warm enough for an outdoor birthday party, but Penny will still be in school for her birthday so she'll still be with her friends.
Oh yeah, about that last point... not true at all! I feel like I'm missing out on an entire summer of my life because I've been trapped inside my house for two-months. It's a really hot summer this year, and many times it's just way too hot to take a little baby outside. I've also been sick for nearly a month with food poisoning (yes, still sick!) It's been hard looking longingly outside, wishing that I could go to the beach, or swim in a pool somewhere.
So, when is the best season to have a baby? I still think there's some compelling reasons for having a baby in the Spring, but I do admit that I'd rather be trapped in my house in the Winter and enjoy the summer with an older baby.