8.05.2012

Penelope's Got A Schedule!

I decided when I was pregnant that I wouldn't use the sleep training method with Penelope. I know myself, and I am not a very disciplined person (and sometimes not being disciplined is awesome: hello unplanned babygirl!) I knew for me I'd be much more relaxed and less stressed if I just fed Penelope on demand, and for me, this has worked great!

Now that Pen's almost 3-months, I have noticed some patterns emerging. I've created a little schedule for the two of us based on these patterns, and so far we've been able to stick to our schedule quite well. I would say we stick to this schedule about 70% of the time.

Brianna & Penelope's Schedule
8:00am: wake-up, diaper change, and feed in bed
8:30am - 9:15am: play on mat and listen to music, I usually grab breakfast and check my e-mails
9:15am - 10:00am: feed/storytime, and then diaper change and we both get dressed
10:00am - 10:30am: go for a walk outside
10:30am - 12:00pm: morning nap. I use this time for the bible, eating, tidying up, shower, and blogging.
12:00pm - 2:00pm: diaper change, feed, and play-time, I usually encourage independent play either on floor mat or in her swing.
2:00pm - 4:00pm: afternoon nap. I usually blog, read, eat, and rest.
4:00pm - 6:00pm: diaper change, feed, and play-time with daddy & nana, we usually have dinner too.
6:00pm - 9:30pm: relax and unwind...we read, nap, cuddle, and feed lots. Pen has a bath right before bed and has one final feed in bed before sleep.

Great Resources

Productive Parenting: a great resource for activties for kids, sorted by age


Rookie Mom Challenge: a list of challenges and activities for new moms, not as helpful for me since a lot of the tasks require a car.

No One Has More Fun Than The Adams: a great blog with tons of fun posts on things to do with your babies and toddlers. The ideas are unique, and most you can do at home.

Montessori Home: A great resource for moms interested in introducing the montessori style of education to their babies and toddlers.

Mon Petit Amour: A great Canadian-blog that is just a lot of fun to read!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, your words often brighten my day! Please sign your name if you are posting as an anonymous user. Otherwise, your comment may be removed.

 

This Rookie Wife | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012