8.06.2012

Stefanie's Passion Post: The Pursuit of Life Long Education

Just a little introduction before I get into this guest post. My name is Stefanie, I’m 23 and I’m currentlyworking as a Helpdesk Analyst in the IT Department at Lambton College of Applied Arts & Technology. I met Brianna briefly at McMaster University where I also attended for my undergraduate degree (I majored in Multimedia). We had to do a group project for a class and ended up in a group together. We reconnected mostly thanks to this blog. I really enjoyed reading Brianna’s posts and found them by the links she posts on Facebook to this blog. Brianna has a passion for writing and sharing her truth, and I’ve come to appreciate that. So that’s a little bit about me, and I hope you’ll enjoy reading about what I’m passionate about it.
Stefanie's most recent classroom
The way I see it, everybody makes a choice about what they want to devote their life to. It could be one thing,but more often than not it is more than one thing that we chose to devote our life to. What’s important to me though is devoting my life to something I am deeply passionate about, something that makes my life richer, more meaningful and more complete. When I think about what I’m passionate about it all seems to come back to one thing; knowledge. I’m so deeply passionate about the lifelong pursuit of education and knowledge.

I want to know everything, and while I know that’s impossible I want to spend my life trying to learn as much as possible about a wide variety of different topics. When I hear a new word I want to know what it means, when I hear of a new discovery I want to Google it and read everything about it, when I watch the news, I want to read more articles about current events. There are so many ways we can pursue knowledge and I love that. In my life I have had the opportunity to pursue this knowledge in different ways, in places of higher education, online, through books and through discussions with other people who share the same passion. Everywhere I turn I can learn something new and I think that is my favourite part about the world we live in. I never have to go without knowledge.
the best game to test your knowledge about...everything!

Since this is my passion I guess I’ve gravitated towards a career path that not only facilitates but necessitates new learning. I’ve chosen to go into IT, where every day I can learn new things. I get to learn about new technology, how this technology works, how to manage and maintain it and how to help others understand and utilize it. Information Technology is a field that evolves rapidly and constantly. I must study and attain new certifications and renew certificationsthat I already hold in the field. This keeps me on my toes, and keeps me inundated with new knowledge and I love it.

The pursuit of knowledge and lifelong education is something I just find so rewarding. At this point in my life, everything great that I’ve achieved has revolved around education and learning. While this may not always be the case, I know it will always besomething that is important to me and something that I am passionate about. It is also something I hope to pass on to my children one day. It has been so rewarding for me, and I hope this same passion to learn as much as possible is something my children can experience. Learning everything I possibly can has led to such immense clarity and fulfillment in my life. It is one of the best feelings in the world when you learn something new.

Now that I have shared my passion, the best note I can end on is to encourage everyone to devote their life to something or multiple things you’re passionate about. Don’t waste the time you have on earth doing things just because, do things because you’re passionate about. You may not share the same truth or same passion as me, but devoting your life to it will, as cliché as it may sound, set you free. You’re free when you do what fulfills you the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, your words often brighten my day! Please sign your name if you are posting as an anonymous user. Otherwise, your comment may be removed.

 

This Rookie Wife | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012