The way to my husband's heart is by...
baking him blueberry muffins!
I found this recipe and adapted it a bit.
Daniel's Favourite Blueberry Muffins
1 1/2 cups flour
3/4 cups white sugar (or you can try half brown sugar)
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/3 cup vegteable oil
1/3 cup butter milk (add about a tsp of lemon juice to the milk)
1 cup fresh blueberries
1 tsp vanilla (the good stuff if you can)
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup flour
1/4 cup soft butter
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1. combine try ingredients for muffin batter first (flour, sugar, salt, baking powder & cinnamon)
2. combine wet ingredients in a seperate bowl and whisk well (milk, oil, egg, and vanilla)
3. mix wet ingredients with dry, and once combined well, fold in blueberries
4. spray tin with Pam, fill muffin cups almost to the top (leave a bit of room for crumble topping)
5. mix ingredients for crumble topping in a bowl and lightly sprinkle on top of the muffins
6. put muffins in a 400 degree pre-heated oven for 18 - 20 minutes
>> instead of blueberries you can use basically anything: strawberries, zucchini, chocolate chips, chopped walnuts, etc.
>> the crumble topping adds tons more calories and it just an added step, you could easily eliminate it.
Let me know if you try this recipe out and what you think!