9.12.2012

Should We Forget Our Sin?


Don't you love when you're reading scripture that you've read many times before, but God gives you a completely new and fresh perspective on His Word? That happened for me yesterday, particularly with this verse:

"For since the law has but a shadow of the good things to come instead of the true form of these realities, it can never, by the same sacrifices that are continually offered every year, make perfect those who draw near. Otherwise, would they not have ceased to be offered, since the worshipers, having once been cleansed, would no longer have any conciousness of sins?" Hebrews 10: 1 - 2

The words "no longer have any conciousness of sins" really penetrated my heart.

How many of us are concious of past sins we've already confessed to God?
How many of us walk around feeling dirty and evil for sins washed away by the blood of Jesus?
How many of us continue to self-condemn ourselves, over and over again.
What happened to once for all?

"since we have a great priest over the house of God, let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, with our hearts sprinkled clean from an evil conscience and our bodies washed with pure water." Hebrews 10: 21 - 22

Please don't skim these words of God. Don't let your eyes glaze over and your heart grow numb.
Allow these life-giving words to penetrate your heart, and give life to your soul.
Our hearts are sprinkled clean from an evil conscience.
Our bodies washed with pure water.

I have to admit it. I walk around burdened by past sins.
I carry these dead sins in my heart, remembering the sins that the Lord has long forgotten.
I remember my past, and the woman I used to be. I condemn myself for that long-gone woman.
I hate that woman, even though she no longer exists.
I forget the promises made by God, and remember my evilness instead.

While I continue in an evil conscience, I rob myself of the joy only found in Christ.
I keep captive the shackles of my sin, and miss out on the freedom gifted to me.

Lord, mark your words on my heart, imprint them in my soul
Let me never forget my freedom, let me hold fast to the pure heart that you've given me.
Break free these shackles I've put around my own wrists, and let me walk away from my sin.
No longer conscience of the girl I once was.
Let me never forget the blood that you've sprinkled on my sin, but never again remember the sin.
Thank you, Jesus...
for the freedom to forget.

join me in forgettting our sin and remembering our redemption

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, your words often brighten my day! Please sign your name if you are posting as an anonymous user. Otherwise, your comment may be removed.

 

This Rookie Wife | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012