8.01.2016

2016: An Update

I started this blog in 2011, at 21-years-old, the day before I married my adoring and kind-hearted husband.

Our family, May 2015

I invested my heart and soul in the words written on This Rookie Wife. First, as a new wife. Then, as a new mother. I documented my journey into adulthood, fresh-faced and honest.

Today I am a 26-year-old journalist and freelance writer, more in love than ever before to my adoring husband. The brand new baby whose arrival into this world is carefully documented here is now 4-years-old, and about to start school next month.

This Rookie Wife is missing an essential character to our story: our younger daughter, Georgia. She was born after I ended my time writing here.

A lot has changed in our lives since I last hit publish, from new jobs, to a few different moves, and an addition to our family. I decided to make this blog public after taking it down for awhile, because I know that writing here helped me in so many ways. It helped to form the woman I am today, and acted as a companion to me in my early years of motherhood and marriage.

Without the stories written, and the time spent writing on this platform, I would have never honed my writing craft. I would have never thought to step out in faith, and become a professional writer. At the time of writing this blog, I couldn't imagine that possibility. 

The main reason I have kept these words in cyberspace is not because I believe the general public will read them. Rather, it's because I hope my daughters will one day spend some time perusing This Rookie Wife. I hope it acts as a digital scrapbook, a peak into my heart and mind as a young woman of faith. 

I didn't always get it right on here. In fact, there's some cringe worthy blog posts that are still active. I have deleted some of the really awful ones. But, I want to preserve this time in my life. The good and the bad.

Thanks for reading this far. I really did love being This Rookie Wife, and will always be fond of the people I met through this medium. 

Brianna Bell
Journalist, Essayist, Published Author
Find my work in The Globe & Mail, Chicken Soup for the Soul, and GuelphToday.com


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, your words often brighten my day! Please sign your name if you are posting as an anonymous user. Otherwise, your comment may be removed.

 

This Rookie Wife | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012